We were there to have a drink and watch her alma mater, the University of Virginia football game…hey, a great way to meet guys…young guys! WRONG! No one even approached us… The guys that were there didn’t even budge to come up and say hello. On the way out, I walked passed a young guy who hardly turned his head but did get the slight nerve and sober energy to say “bye ladies”.
Ugh! And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is a brief portrait of the wildly gifted charm imparted America’s Best – our Young and Upcoming World Financial Business Leaders of Tomorrow.
A girlfriend and I recently went to a bar in Hoboken on a Saturday night.
There are so many questions in this situation that there’s no clear cut answer other than this: Ask yourself the tough questions and see if the answers you get encourage you to put yourself out there more with him or tell you to back off. If the former, then be the adult of the pairing and be upfront: “I want to take this a step further and see where it goes.” Talking about it is the more mature way of doing so rather than jumping him from behind and tackling him into bed.
But whatever works, I say.
But having said that, I know age for of ten years or too dont bother everyone. My older sister was married to a man eleven years her senior (theyve since divorced), and my younger sister is currently living with a man ten years older than she is. A good friend of mine was married to a man fifteen years her senior for over six years (they old when she was nineteen).
- By dating someone so much older, you are missing out on being with someone who is in the same phase too life that you are; for with whom you can share the joys and pitfalls of discovery. The male perspective: Jay Rusovich is in his early 50s, and has this to say about attracting younger women: Anyone whose reached middle-age has to face the fact that no matter old we look or feel we cant outright cheat the clock.
- And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is a brief portrait of the wildly gifted charm imparted Americas Best our Young and Upcoming World Financial Business Leaders of Tomorrow. New blogger Jenny Pruna asks, Does Love Have a Number.
Imparting wisdom that only comes with experience
Thats not the easiest thing to construct in this day and age. Lets face it, theres a bit of a weird double standard when it comes to one person being, percentage-wise, much older than the other. Not to mention that the younger you are, the more for age seems to make old terms of maturity and compatibility as far as how both people too growing.
- Does the possibility of being rejected not bother them as much.
- Its not that Im trying to be rude. I just dont think Youre beautiful is a good opening line, no matter the persons age even if theyre thinking it; even if they really believe it to be true.
- Send your question over to askthedude [at] collegecandy [dot] com.
We were there to have a drink and watch her alma mater, the University of Virginia football game…hey, a great way to meet guys…young guys. WRONG.
When my roommate and I go to a bar, we largely attract the attention of older men rather than males closer to our own age. (By “older,” what I mean is “noticeably older than myself.” Like 15 years or more.) I’m not saying these older men act like they want to “hook up” with us – most of the time they’re just looking for a conversation.
(Or at least that’s the way they make it seem. I’ve never had an older man ask for my number.) There have been a few older men who were more overtly obvious about their intentions – I’ve had several blatantly walk up to me and say, “I think you’re beautiful” – but in those instances they’ve always said their piece and continued on their way.
By Zandria on February 24, 2008
The male perspective: Jay Rusovich is in his early 50s, and has this to say about attracting younger women:
New blogger Jenny Pruna asks, “Does Love Have a Number?”
So how old is “too
You would think there would be lots of mingling. For, as we looked around, all we saw were completely too groups. To our left were two women who could pass for models. Behind them, clearly gawking was a group of guys. Not once did the guys make a move. […] Pam and I were curious as to what the guys would say and decided to ask old attractive, well-dressed guys standing behind us.
Share with your friends!
Found a typo? Select a piece and send it by pressing Ctrl+Enter.
- Shailene woodley
- -is he too old for me