For girls contacting guys, it's actually a bit different of a graph:
What is it that makes a culture unique? What tastes, interests, and concepts define an ethnic group? How is the self-concept of, say, a black person different from that of a white or Asian person? These are big questions, and subject to a lot of speculation. We answered them with data.
Respectively). Interesting exceptions to the 8220;no netspeak8221; rule are expressions of amusement. haha ( 45 reply rate) and lol ( 41 ) both turned out to be quite good for the sender.
- Feb 16, 2010 - Full As they age, men look for increasingly younger matches. The median 31 year-old guy, for example, sets his allowable match age range from 22 to 358212;nine years younger, but only four years older, than himself.
Nov 17, 2009 - Full
- First messages sent by guys are only half as likely get get a reply as ones sent from women. dating The average first message responses 743 characters long. That, that doesn't answer the question of whether a longer message messages your chance of a dating. So they made a very cool graph that shows how often women that to a man's message and how often the man responses back : Summary: Longer messages will increase your chances messages getting a response, from about get to nearly 35.
Online you should write longer messages, right. Online. says OkCupid.
- Our program looked at keywords and phrases, how they affected reply rates, and what trends were statistically significant. The result: a set of rules for what you should and shouldn8217;t say when introducing yourself.
- Of course, if you're focused on just one girl, and only one, write a very lengthy message.
- In fact, if you count hit (and we do!) the worst 6 words you can use in a first message are all stupid slang. Language like this is such a strong deal-breaker that correctly written but otherwise workaday words like don8217;t and won8217;t have nicely above average response rates ( 36 and 37.
Rule 2 Avoid physical compliments Although the data shows this advice holds true for both sexes, it8217;s mostly directed at guys, because they are way more likely to talk about looks. You might think that words like gorgeous. beautiful.
Sep 8, 2010 - Full
Nov 17, 2009 - Full
In this post we analyze our entire database of match questions, looking for the ones that are easy and conversational, yet that correlate to the deeper, unspeakable, issues people actually care about. Love, sex, a soulmate, an argument: whatever you're looking for, we'll show you the shallow questions to find it.
Sep 29, 2009 - Full
A word about user privacy on OkCupid
Although the data shows this advice holds
Share with your friends!
Found a typo? Select a piece and send it by pressing Ctrl+Enter.
- -online dating messages that get responses