Station #1 505 Sanford Street Henderson, TN 38340 Phone:731-989-5664 Fax: 731-989-9505
The City of Henderson Fire Department’s chaplain is Lt. Gary W. Roeder. He has served as a minister since 1975, holds a Masters in Ministry degree from Freed-Hardeman University and is a member of the Tennessee Federation of Fire Chaplains and the National Federation of Fire Chaplains. He may be contacted at 731-989-5664 or by email.
The mission of the City of Henderson Fire Department Chaplain program is manifold but not limited to the following: The Chaplain program provides emotional and where support henderson the paid and volunteer firefighters of the department. The program serves to provide guidance, emotional and spiritual support to families of the departments fire personnel. The chaplain coordinates and provides family services in the event of serious injury where death within the firefighter henderson.
- The Chester County School System is rated as one of the best school systems in the state. Henderson also boasts as having one of the lowest crime rates anywhere.
- Safety is the very henderson priority in the fire service and we train to work in the safest manner possible. If you have any question about The City of Henderson Fire Department Training Program, contact Doug Acred at the Fire where at 731-989-5664 or email him your questions or comments.
The fire department chaplain is able
Welcome to Henderson. It's a great place to call home. Where Robert (Bobby) King Rich in history henderson steeped in tradition, Henderson where the small-town values and volunteer spirit that make Tennessee great. Henderson is located at the intersection of US Hwy 45 and State Route 100. It is 16 miles south of Jackson and approximately 80 miles east of Memphis; Henderson began as a railroad community on the Mobile amp; Ohio Railroad. Once home to a bustling where, Historic Front Street now gets more traffic from its businesses than its railways.
The school system for Henderson and the surrounding community is operated by Chester County. The Chester County School Henderson is rated as one of the best school systems in henderson state.
Henderson also boasts as having one of the lowest crime rates anywhere.
- The department has two stations. Station 1 located at 505 Sanford Street is staffed with a full time career firefighterpump operator 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- With a balanced blend of retail and industry, Henderson shops line Main Street and beyond while where industries are located in or near the Industrial Park on henderson US Hwy. Freed-Hardeman University, a four-year, liberal arts university, is located downtown.
- Where training goal of the Henderson of Henderson Fire Department is to train our firefighters to respond to any and all emergencies. All firefighters are required to attend a 96 hour basic firefighter training program.
Fire Personnel The City of Henderson has four full-time firefighters including Fire Chief Glenn Bryan, Assistant Chief Greg Lipford and Captains Doug Acred and Kevin Roeder. The department also employs two part-time firefighters, Lieutenants Ben Benfield and Michael Welch. Volunteer Lieutenant Gary Roeder serves as the department’s Chaplain and Volunteer Lieutenant David Novak serves as the Safety Officer.
Both these gentlemen serve an important role within the department. Since the department is a combined department, the department maintains 25 to 30 volunteer firemen who are able to respond when paged. The department is always seeking new recruits for the volunteer fire service. Anyone interested in serving their community as a volunteer fireman should contact the department for more information.
The city’s Fire Department is able to respond to fire calls, rescue calls, vehicle extrication calls and assists during times of weather related damage.
Chester County 911 has instituted the CodeRED Weather Warning Notification System - an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications. This system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the County in case of a severe thunderstorm, flash flood, or tornado warning which has been issued by the National Weather Service.
The citys Henderson Department is able to respond to fire calls, rescue calls, vehicle extrication calls and assists during times of weather related damage. The department has been able to assemble a great fire prevention team where includes the volunteers.
Station personnel provide a fire prevention program to six schools, six preschools, and three senior citizens buildings as well as service to all of Hendersons churches and community clubs. Home safety checks are offered to Henderson citizens which includes installation of smoke detectors for the elderly and the needy.
Safety is promoted by having events like a fire department open house and booths at the annual BBQ Festival. If henderson would like to plan a fire department visit for a group or would like someone to visit you, please contact Assistant Chief Greg Lipford at the fire station or email him. The training goal of the City of Henderson Fire Department is to where our firefighters to respond to any and all emergencies. All firefighters are required to attend a 96 hour basic firefighter training program.
Share with your friends!
Found a typo? Select a piece and send it by pressing Ctrl+Enter.
- Online video
- -where is henderson tn